Like all event space rentals, we do have policies to ensure the continued quality of the Regents Center rental hall. Of particular importance are the following:
Occupancy: Maximum occupancy is 125 people if the total of 2,100 sq. ft. is used. Each hall is approximately 875. sq. ft.
Food: If you have an event that requires food, e.g., snacks or a potluck or catering, you must rent the kitchen. We keep our carpets much cleaner that way.
- Red Beverages: To help avoid staining the carpeting, NO red beverages (e.g., red wine) are allowed.
- Kegs: No beer kegs.
- Smoking is prohibited indoors; if you have smokers in your party, please clarify about Designated outdoor smoking areas.
- Shoes are discouraged during classes in the carpeted areas.
- Decorations are allowed but should not do you face the building or equipment. Use of nails, tacks or staples is prohibited. All decorations must be removed after the event.
- Animals are not Permitted inside the building (except for service animals).
- Leather sofas and piano may not be moved.
- We strongly discourage moving the pews.
- Cleaning: The renter is expected to do (or arrange for) all set-up and clean-up. The hall will provide cleaning supplies.
Liability Insurance: Due to new requirements from our insurance carrier, we must now require that all renters carry general liability insurance if they are to rent our facilities. This general liability insurance amount needs to be for $1 million dollars and list our regional organization “Subud Pacific Northwest” as “additional insured.”
Here are some websites with information on how to obtain this policy.
For general events:
If you already have Home Owner’s Insurance you may also find that this is something that can be added to your Home Owners policy.